Water main break has been fixed and water has been restored to the building.
The Town of Antigonish has experienced a water main break today that has significantly impacted the water supply at RK. They are hopeful the water will be restored this evening. We are prepared to manage overnight if it is necessary.
We have implemented the following:
- Drinking water is available in each of the care areas for staff, visitors and residents.
- Non-potable water is available on each care area to flush toilets.
- Potable water for handwashing and resident care has been made available to the care areas.
- We have converted to disposable plates and cutlery for the evening meals.
- We have reached out to St. Martha’s to assist us with linen.
- Additional staff will be brought in as required to support front line staff with activities such as dishwashing, laundry and to ensure that any missed showers or regular baths are done once the water is restored (or next business day)
We have had several meetings with staff throughout the day to keep them updated and to bring information back to staff and residents in each care area and department.
When water is restored we will post a note on the website.