Recreation, Spiritual, and Volunteer Services staff at the R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home serve the spiritual & religious needs of the Residents, their families, and staff, with respect for their faith traditions and the dignity of their persons.
In 2013 our chapel was named St. Martha Chapel in a ceremony presided over by Bishop Brian Dunn in the presence of Residents, family members, staff and volunteers, and with the participation of the Sisters of St. Martha. In honor of that occasion the Sisters donated the statue of St. Martha which adorns our chapel.
The Recreation, Spiritual and Volunteer services staff, together with local clergy, minister to the Residents and their families by offering pastoral visits and end of life comfort and support. Dedicated volunteers help support the spiritual and religious needs of the RK Community.
Worship services are offered in the St. Martha Chapel on a regular basis.
- Friday, Mass at 10:30 a.m.
- Mass televised on in-house TV Channel #1885;
- Sacrament of the Sick is provided upon request;
- Advent prayer;
- Stations of the Cross during Lent;
- Group rosary is held weekly in Maple Ridge;
- Prayer Services led by clergy of other denominations on most Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m.;
Other regular events in the chapel:
- Memorial Service – every six months (Spring & Fall)
- Remembrance Service – (November) with Legion Members participating.
- “The Lights of Love” Concert and dedication on the first Sunday of December.
- L’Arche Community Prayer, most Tuesdays, 3:30pm
A monthly Schedule is posted on the bulletin board near the chapel. You are invited to check out our prayer corner in the balcony.