Visitation hours are from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Covid and Family Visitation
Jan 6th, 2023 Update
As we have moved into the winter months, recommendations from the government to reduce the spread of not only Covid, but other respiratory viruses such as influenza are still in place in our Home. We will continue to follow these recommendations and send Care Q messages out when necessary to update families and visitors.
During the past fall and into the early winter months we have completed the administration of both the influenza (Flu) shots and the Covid-19 Bivalent boosters to ensure that our residents have another level of protection.
In our last update, we saw 38 of our residents test positive for Covid. Since then, we have only had 1 resident confirmed positive for Covid and 3 residents confirmed positive for influenza. The low numbers of confirmed cases reflect the great work that has been done by the residents, staff and visitors in ensuring that we follow these guidelines to reduce the spread of these viruses.
By having and following these restrictions we have been able to reduce the amount of cases within our home and look to continue to do that. With that being said we still anticipate outbreaks to happen and if they do, we will implement additional precautions to ensure the safety of our residents, visitors and staff.
Current Visitation Guidelines
- Passive screening in place for all staff and visitors.
- Passive screening: upon entry into the home each individual should passively screen themselves for any symptoms related to Covid. If symptomatic, they should not enter the home.
- We ask all staff and families to continue to practice hand hygiene and to change into a new mask at the front entrance.
Visitation in a non-outbreak Care Area
- DCG’s, family and friends are all welcome to visit your loved ones here at the RK
- 3 visitors in a private living area, 2 visitors in a semi private resident room at one time
- There are no restrictions on where your visits can take place
- Visitation hours are from 10:00am to 8:00pm, seven days a week
- Mask are encouraged for outdoor visits while maintaining 6’ social distancing
- Masks are strongly encouraged for resident offsite outings
Visitation in an Outbreak Care Area
- Memo will be sent out to visitors when an outbreak occurs
- Only Designated Care Givers (DCG’s) are welcome to visit – full Personal Protective Equipment will be available for DCG’s
- Please do not bring food or drink for yourself as masks must remain on at all times for indoor visits
- Residents must remain in their care area to reduce the risk of spread
Designated Care Givers (DCG) Education
DCG’s can still request education in regards to infection control protocols and how to put on and remove personal protection equipment (mask, gown and gloves) . DCG’s can call: 902-714-2521 to arrange for an education session.
Infection and Prevention and Control Designate