Our Volunteers play a vital role in enhancing the lives of everyone in our Home. Volunteers compliment the personal interactions with the Residents – bringing life and enthusiasm and maintaining connection to the community.
The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home works with both – youth and adult Volunteers – as well as groups, St.F.X. University, Daycares, and School partnerships. Service organizations in the Town and County of Antigonish provide countless hours of dedicated, selfless services – including prayer, fellowship, and support to our Home.
How can I become a Volunteer?
- Potential Volunteers can set up an appointment to explore options available for a Volunteer experience which meets their needs.
- All Volunteers must complete a Volunteer application from. This application can be downloaded or drop in to pick one up.
- Adult Volunteers (18 years and older) require a police record check.
Please call 863-2578 ext 233 to obtain a cover letter so that the fee is waived.
Click here to download volunteer application form.
There are many, many opportunities for youth and adults to volunteer including some of the following:
- One-to-One Visiting
- Recreation Programs
- Nail Care
- Cards & Games
- Computers/Skype, etc…
- Cinnamon Stick Gift Shoppe
- Rehab & ‘Walking Stick Gym’
- & lots more………the possibilities are endless!
Please contact email@example.com or (902) 863-2578 ext 245