The Foundation was formed to raise funds and manage all money by pledge, gift, planned giving, fund raising activities, memorial donations, etc… The Foundation provides funds that assist capital expenditures, equipment expenditures, and other non-operating needs of the Home, all of which enrich the lives of the Residents.
The Foundation Board consists of dedicated volunteers appointed from both the Town and County of Antigonish. The Foundation Board maintains an office at the Home and welcomes all inquiries and suggestions regarding the foundation’s mandate.
In the spirit in which the Sisters of St. Martha built and ran the Guest House, your generosity will help to provide for the care of the residents.
You are invited to participate in planned giving as a means of providing services and programs for the R.K. Nursing Home that are not covered by government funding.
Planned giving involves a decision to make a charitable donation that combines charitable giving with tax advantages. Planned gifts can be immediate or deferred. Deferred gifts are usually included in the donor’s will.
- Planned giving enables you to facilitate services and programs that enrich the lives of the residents.
- It offers the opportunity to leave a legacy in the name of a loved one, a friend or in one’s own name.
- It brings substantial tax benefits for you or your estate.
- The Tax system encourages charitable donations, immediate and deferred.
- Planned giving offsets the income tax or the estate tax on the gift totally or partially.
- If you give a gift of cash, a charitable tax receipt will be forwarded to you immediately.
- If you give a gift of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or RRSP’s, a charitable tax receipt will be issued for the value of the security on the date the gift is made.
- If you give a gift of life insurance, you will receive a tax receipt for the cash surrender value of the security on the date the gift is made.
- If you give a gift of life insurance, you will receive a tax receipt for the cash surrender value and for any remaining premiums paid by the donor.
How To Make A Planned Gift
- All donations are to be made to the R.K. Nursing Home Foundation.
- Donations of cash can be forwarded directly by the donor.
- Donations of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, RRSP’s and life insurance are to be arranged in consultation with a financial planner.
- Donations in wills are normally made with the advice of a lawyer.
If you wish to discuss any matter pertaining to your donation, you are invited to call (902) 863-2578, and arrangements will be made for you to talk with a representative of the R.K. Nursing Home Foundation.
The address of the R.K. Nursing Home Foundation is:
PO Box 1263
Antigonish, NS B2G 2L7
Phone: 902-863-2578 ext 223