Christmas Visitiation – December 17th, 2020
Dear Friends and Family of RK MacDonald,
Yesterday, Dr.Strang made an announcement regarding LTC visitation in Nova Scotia. As he mentioned, each nursing home will implement the new directives according to their resources. We will be implementing the following visitation effective Monday, December 21, 2020:
Designated Care Providers
- Increase visits to two Designated Care Providers for residents on the assigned days of the week. (Tanglewood, Thistledown and Cobblestone-Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday from 11:00am-5:00pm and Martha’s Inn and MapleRidge/Brambleberry Wednesday, Friday, Sunday from 11:00am-5:00pm)
- If both DCPs live in the same home, they may now visit their loved one together.
- Designated Care Providers must complete the Infection Prevention and Control education prior to visiting their loved ones, if they have not already done so.
- If the DCP for your loved one has changed, please contact Kim MacDonald at 902-863-2578 ext. 245 or Michelle Cleary at ext. 256
- Masks must be worn (always covering the nose and mouth) at all times during the visit- no exceptions; family members are not able to eat or drink with residents during the visit
- Bedroom doors must remain open for entire visit
- We ask that DCPs socially distance from other residents and visitors during their visit
Indoor visits may resume in the Chapel. These appointments must be booked through recreation as before. (email@example.com or at 863-2578 ext.245)
- Visitors must wear a medical mask for the duration of the visit- the mask must cover the nose and mouth and cannot be removed to eat or drink
- A brief hug is allowed at the beginning and the end of each visit.
- Appointments must be monitored by staff for compliance of Public Health measures
- Indoor visits are available December 21-23 and December 28-30 over the holiday period. Visits in the new year will begin the first week of January
There will be no offsite visitation permitted over the holiday season.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, DCPS from all care areas may visit between 11:00 am-5:00pm. Ideally, one DCP would visit one day and the other DCP would visit the opposite day, or one DCP can visit both days. While we want to provide opportunity for visits, we also need to be aware of the congestion in the home and number of visitors in addition to staff and resident. We also ask that visitors socially distance.
We will return to the regular DCP visitation schedule on December 26 as noted above.
While the visitation has resumed, we must continue to be vigilant protecting residents and staff from COVID-19. Please do not visit if you have any cold symptoms, been in contact with anyone waiting for a COVID-19 swab or results, or have travelled outside the Atlantic Bubble in the past 14 days.
We are asking that as a regular visitor here, you adhere strictly to the current provincial restrictions over the holiday season.
IN the New year, we will be sharing information with you regarding the Regional Care Unit and our COVID-19 response in the event we have a resident test positive for COVID-19. We will also share details regarding immunization plans as soon as they are available.
Despite the restrictions and reduced gathering sizes, may you enjoy the company of friends and family virtually if you can’t all be together. May the holiday season bring you hope and here’s to a healthy and COVID-19 immune 2021.