Please note: This is not a job listing, this is a job description. For current opportunities click here.
POSITION: Executive Administrative Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO
The Executive Administrative Assistant manages the Front (Main) Office and is the primary point of contact for everyone entering the Home. In keeping with the Resident Centered Philosophy of Care, the Executive Administrative Assistant, as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents, represents the Home in a positive, professional, efficient, and confident manner, and serves as a primary source of relative information for all the people this position serves.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a high standard of quality, professional, confidential, administrative support to the Board of Directors, the CEO, members of the Senior Leadership Team, staff, Secretary/Treasurer of Foundation Board, residents, families and all external visitors and supporting agencies of the Home. This position requires excellence in office and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving) to ensure the efficiency of the office and an ability to maintain absolute confidentiality, sound judgment, and professionalism when dealing with sensitive issues associated with the day-day operations of this Long Term Care Home.
- Administrative and Clerical Support
- Communicates with assigned Senior Leaders (CEO, HR, and Director of Recreation) as required to coordinate and prioritize tasks or assignments, to meet deadlines, and to plan future administrative support needs.
- Keeps assigned Leaders up to date on changes/ things that affect their departments and anticipates and plans for upcoming events.
- Schedules appointments, books meetings/& rooms, catering, and other events as needed or anticipates by utilizing Microsoft outlook other processes in place.
- Prepares, types, modifies and inputs data in various documents using Microsoft office, including: memos, letters, minutes, agendas, forms, spread sheets, brochures, licensing documents, mail merges, minutes, inventory etc.
- Prepares meeting materials
- Welcomes and directing visitors, assists residents, answers all incoming phone calls and demonstrates good judgement in the immediately redirecting to voice mail or have the call responded to immediately.
- Coordinates registration and travel arrangements upon request.
- Runs errands as needed.
- Coordinates travel and meeting arrangements, arranges catering as required in the coordination of special events i.e. Board meetings, social teas, tours of home, poll stations (elections), sleeping areas for storms, etc.
- Receives and distributes the Home’s and the Resident’s mail as per guideline, ensures security confidentiality of incoming faxes and circulates, maintains a current Resident Room list Directory, and maintains and assists staff on the equipment in the front office: photocopier, fax, laminating machine, shredder, postage machine and arranges special mail delivery i.e. Purolator requests.
- Provides clerical support for the R.K. Board., photocopying, typing of letters, policies, minutes, coordinates meetings ensuring quorum, records minutes, coordinates and prepares materials for all meetings, Regular or Annual, and ensures signage of approved minutes and proper historical storage of all Board Correspondence. Provides support to the Foundation Board, by booking meeting rooms, assist with photocopying, direct donators, and handles and redirects Foundation mail.
- Applies for renewals and posts for external licences i.e., Hairdressing Salon, Liquor Permit, Kitchen, Elevators, Accreditation, Licensing, etc.
- Responds to the Senior Care Van Booking Line. Coordinates pick up and transfer with clients and drivers and maintains information for billing purposes.
- Receives and processes sealed tenders for any projects requiring tender bids.
- Supports Directors of Clinical and Environmental & Food Services n the absence of Office Administrative Assistant undertaking some general administrative and clerical support tasks that are necessary prior to the return of the OAA.
- Office Supplies
- Maintains, dispenses, and orders office supplies and equipment requests for all Departments through online, phone or in-store pick up.
- Prepares report for year-end inventory for office supplies and typing of reports for other Depts.
- New resident Admissions
- Chair of Admissions Team
- Assists with admission of a new Resident, provides tours of the home to family and resident, meets them upon arrival of home, ensures the Admission Checklist is circulated and completed and creates the EMO cards.
- Circulates a Notification of change form to all Departments, and Pharmacy for admissions and transfers/ discharges.
- Committee Participation
Fire & Disaster Planning-. Performs administrative duties as such: coordinates members for meeting, scribes minutes, types agenda and minutes, updates manuals, call back lists, etc. Responds to the Fire Panel Alarm, when activated when in office and performs duties as outlined in the Emergency Plan Manual
Family Council – Provides an Administrative connection on Family Council and attends meetings upon invitation. Arranges meeting room and snacks for its members.
- File Storage and Retention
- Maintains a paper and electronic file system for Resident and Administration files or documents. Ensures confidentiality in maintaining a record storage room for all departments by receiving, storing, and ensures secure confidential destruction of all records as per Record Storage Policy.
- Business Telephone System (Home)
- Maintains the business telephone system by updating the system to reflex changes such as: changing or adding a name or extension #, reset a phone for new voice mail setup. Thus, updates and circulate extension lists for the home, updates the website and the automated attendant tree to reflex the same in the phone system.
- Home Keys Security
- Maintains all “house keys” by updating the Key Index and ensures security by following a sign in and out system of all keys.
- Other Duties
- Flexible positive team member that assists in other Departments of the Home as needed.
- Participates in the care and support of Residents as time permits, i.e. sitting or escorting residents to activities or appointments.
- Participates on other internal/external committees as designated and performs other duties as required.
- Proven capacity to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal and communication (oral, written telephone) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly write, speak and interact professionally required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of Management and Staff, Residents, and families and have good interaction with Business and Community relations.
- Demonstrated competence to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in composing professional communications, i.e., letters, emails, memos for internal or external use.
- Demonstrated expertise in the MS Office suite of programs, the Internet and email.
- Confirmed excellence in ability to prioritize projects, work, and manage the unexpected.
- Proven effective and efficient organizational abilities, using self-direction and sound judgement to prioritize workload and to coordinate multiple and competing task demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Graduate from a recognized Administrative Assistant/Office Administration program.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Senior Administrative Assistant position.