POSITION: InterRAi Nurse
RESPONSIBLE/REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the InterRAI Nurse is accountable for the planning, coordinating, and the ongoing InterRAI assessments. Establishes and maintains working relationships and performs all work in keeping with the Mission, Vision, Values and philosophy of resident centered care of the RK MacDonald Nursing Home. The InterRAI Nurse serves as a professional role model as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments on residents using the InterRAI assessment tool on the Civica (Momentum) application.
- Collaborate with nursing home staff, physicians, and other healthcare professionals to develop individualized care plans for residents.
- Monitor the progress of residents and make adjustments to their care plans as needed
- Ensure that all assessments and care plans comply with nursing home policies, and InterRAI guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of assessments and care plans.
- Participate in training and continuing education programs to maintain knowledge of InterRAI assessment tool updates and changes.
- Serve as a resource for nursing home staff on InterRAI assessment tool and care planning.
- Participation on the admission process.
Competencies specifics to position
- Ability to complete thorough nursing assessments.
- Strong computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Experience with Microsoft excel, word etc., is considered an assets.
- Strong organization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional and positive behavior.
- Reliable, with regular and consistent attendance
- RN or BScN at an accredited School/College of Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems an asset.
- Recent experience in geriatric setting preferred.
Approved by: Director of Clinical Services