Dear Designated Care Providers,
In response to the presence of COVID-19 in our local community, the RK is taking the following precautions to protect our residents:
- Offsite visits: Restricting off site resident visits for a 2 week period
- Visitation: in order to reduce foot traffic in the Home, for the next 2 weeks we ask that only DCG’s to visit the Home – can you please notify other family members / friends to please not visit for the next 2 weeks
- High Risk Areas: Advising all staff and visitors to visit https://www.nshealth.ca/coronavirus-exposures?title=&field_covid_exposure_zone_value=Eastern and if you were in one of these high risk areas to please get tested.
- Staff: screening is ongoing, we are providing rapid testing kits, continue to promote mask wearing, hand hygiene and are asking any staff that may have been in a high exposure site to get tested
- Baked goods: we certainly always appreciate the kindness of our residents’ family members – if you bring Christmas treats to the home to share with residents / staff, please ensure the treats are wrapped individually
Although our residents are fully vaccinated and have received their booster, we feel the above measures are necessary to help keep them safe during this community outbreak.