Please note: This is not a job listing, this is a job description. For current opportunities click here.
POSITION: Podiatry Technician
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Care
Reporting to the RN-Charge, the Podiatry Technician provides prophylactic and therapeutic care activities related to podiatric care and treatment involved within the scope of podiatry certification. As an employee of the RK Mac Donald Nursing Home he/she has a responsibility to be involved in providing a stimulating environment for the residents. In keeping with our Mission, Vision and Values and our philosophy of Resident Centered Care, Podiatry Technician serves as a positive role model; as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents, and represents the home in a positive, professional, efficient and confidential manner.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Understands that the Resident and family are central to all departmental activities, services and decisions
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and performs all work in keeping with the Mission, Vision, Values and philosophy of resident centered care of the RK Mac Donald Nursing Home
- To promote and maintain the safety of Residents, staff, and visitors as a strategic priority for the home at all times.
- Care and cutting of nails & drilling when necessary
- Foot soaks
- Manual or electric massage
- Corn and callus removal and treatment.
- Cream massage and application of protective padding.
- Regular foot examination of all residents on a routine basis.
- Recommends appropriate footwear, when indicated .
Education, Training, and Experience
- Registered with licensing body (CRNNS, CLPNNS)
- Advanced Foot Care Certification
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Listening skills
- Planning and organizing
- Team work
- High energy levels