Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Nurse is accountable for the planning, development, implementation and coordination of the Infection Prevention and Control Program.
Pandemic planning and management. Liaison with various partners and agencies. Education to staff, residents, families, students and volunteers on IPAC policies, programs and practices. Collaboration with teams, committees, families, residents and volunteers to develop best practice solutions to IPAC issues. Auditing and surveillance of the IPAC program within the facility. Various quality improvement initiatives related to IPAC throughout the facility. Development and updating of IPAC related policies and procedures. COVID-19 Vaccines and audits. Consistent resource for staff.
- Certification or current enrollment in an approved IPAC Canada recognized program is an asset
- Proficient in use of various computer programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Current knowledge in concepts and trends in nursing and continuing care
- Excellent clinical, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and clinical competence in IPAC
- Skilled in policy development and utilizing evidenced-based practice
- Knowledge in quality improvement initiatives, including outcome measures
- Demonstrated experience in dealing tactfully with difficult situations
Current registration with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing (NSCN)
Current CPR, CPI, WHIMIS certification required.
Recent clinical experience in IPAC including leadership duties
Recent experience in geriatric (Long Term Care) setting preferred.
Competencies specific to position
Resident focused, Communication, Conflict Management, Self-and community awareness, Teamwork, Adaptability/flexibility, Decision making, Initiative, Leading & Developing others, Stress management,
And Values & Ethics
Hours of Work:
Non-union Regular Temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) – Typically 40 hrs per week Monday – Friday (hours may flex as necessary i.e. weekend and afterhours).
Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience
Health (Travel), Dental Life, and Pension Plan (Manulife/NSEHPP (HANS), Corp rate for Gym