In Phase 1 our safety practices for staff and Designated Care Givers were assessed and I am pleased to say increased visitation was well received.
I sense that our community is still stressed with COVID’s lingering presence and that the path forward remains uncertain. We are all likely experiencing a bit of anxiety and within this environment, we have to move forward with confidence and in a calculated manner.
Our COVID safety practices have been challenged and they have proven effective. Our residents have received their booster, our staff is doubly vaccinated and many have received a booster and our collective attention to the importance of proper mask wearing is commendable.
Today we announce Phase 2 of our visitation program.
DCG Visitation: Phase 2 – effective Monday, Feb. 21, 2002
- Visitation is now available to two (2) doubly vaccinated Designated Care Givers [DCG’s]
- Visitation is open seven (7) days a week from 11:00am to 5:00pm
- In event we experience a COVID +ve case, pending circumstances, our goal will be to only restrict access to the care area involved
- Wash your hands regularly when visiting
- Keep your mask over your nose and mouth at all times – this is the most important component of our safety practices – no gaps in masking!
- Please do not bring food or drinks to the Home as it creates a “gap in masking” opportunity. Feel welcome to bring treats for your family member
- On arrival, DCG’s will be provided with a mask for themselves and second mask for their family member resident – we strongly recommend residents wear a mask during the visit
- No switching DCG’s
- Visits to take place in the residents room with the door open to support proper mask wearing
- New resident DCG’s will be provided with the Infection Prevention and Control in-service prior to their initial visit
- Please do not visit the Home if you are feeling unwell or are a close contact of a COVID +ve individual
- If you become unwell and test positive for COVID-19 after visiting, please let us know immediately by calling 902-714-5656
- Phase 2 will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks
On behalf of our Residents, Senior Leadership team and all our staff, we continue to welcome families back onto our community!
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Terry MacIntyre, CEO