Applies to: All Staff
When decorating the Home especially during special holidays and seasons such as Christmas the following guidelines shall be followed to meet fire regulations.
- Consider safety in all decisions regarding decorating.
- Displays are not permitted to be set up in hallways.
- Fire exits must be kept clear at all times.
- Decorations/displays are not permitted that in any way prohibit the closure of fire doors.
- Extension cords are not permitted.
- Paper decorations are not permitted on walls or hanging from ceilings or sprinklers.
- No decorations on sprinklers.
- Paper or plastic streamers are not permitted.
- All Christmas trees and wreaths must be fire retardant and artificial.
- Bales of Hay are not permitted inside the Home.
- All new furniture must meet codes and have appropriate labels (check with Environmental Services).
- New curtains/blinds must be fire retardant.
- No candles are permitted.
- When a decoration/picture is to be put on a wall, take down an existing picture and use the same nail. Decorations/pictures removed for the event/holidays should be sent to the Recreation Department for proper storage.
- Staff decorating shall first have approval from the Department Manager who will ensure guidelines are followed.
- Any questions related to decorating and/or guidelines should be directed to the Department Manager or Director of Environmental Services.
- Exceptions to the guidelines may only be granted by the Director of Environmental Services.