Please note: This is not a job listing, this is a job description. For current opportunities click here.
POSITION: Staffing Clerk
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Care
Under the direction of the Director of Care the Staffing Clerk is responsible for the accurate and timely data entry of staff scheduling and payroll submission. Using a manual or computerized scheduling application, the Staffing Clerk works as a team member to support the staffing needs of the RK Mac Donald Nursing Home. Every employee of the RK Mac Donald Nursing Home has a responsibility to be involved in providing a stimulating environment for the residents. In keeping with our Mission, Vision and Values and our philosophy of Resident Centered Care, the Ward Clerk serves as a positive role model as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents, and represents the home in a positive, professional, efficient and confidential manner.
- Implements approved schedules for unionized staff
- Accepts Director approved requests for scheduling changes and implements as staffing replacement allows
- Discusses any variances with Director
- Follows the appropriate collective agreements in addressing requirements
- Follows direction of Directors with replacement of staff and overtime authorization
- Replaces unionized staff as directed for illness, approved LOA, vacations, and statutory holidays
- Ensures this process is accurate and timely and following the applicable collective agreement
- Verifies staffing requirements against current schedule including but not limited to, accepting staff call-ins
- Ensures confidentiality at all times
- Inputs, maintains and updates data utilizing the computerized scheduling system
- On a daily basis, reviews time sheets to insure adequate staffing
- Monitors casual relief list for need and notifies appropriate Director when required
- Maintains casual staff information and availability records
- Assists Charge Nurse/RN, staff, & Ward Clerks with information and resources to develop appropriate staffing plans/decisions during times when staffing office is closed
- Accurately records and verifies schedule in preparation for bi-weekly payroll submission
- Consult with and advise managers on any concerns regarding staffing levels
- Maintain staffing levels as per Department of Health & Wellness guidelines
- Suggest alternate scheduling patterns that meet the resident care and staff needs
- Completion of Academic Grade 12
- Completion of post-secondary business/administrative assistant/office management or related health care course.
Previous experience in scheduling and staffing an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications
- Demonstrated critical thinker and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal & communication skills.
- Constructive communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent organizational skills.