INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A CCA (Continuing Care Assistant)?
Check us out!
We have immediately vacancies for this valuable role.
The Home is a rich and vibrant community that recognizes and appreciates the uniqueness of every person who lives and works here. This uniqueness of spirit and character drives the life plan for our residents. We strive to provide the best possible care and services to our clients and as a result, we are looking for people who genuinely care.
We are looking for candidates to fill vacancies who:
- Have an interest in being a caregiver in a Health Care Environment
- Is kind, caring and compassionate
- Value’s align with the Core Values of the R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home (C.A.R.E.S.)
- Always wanted to become a Continuing Care Assistant
- Is interested in working as part of a friendly, supportive and skilled team specifically in a Long Term Care setting
- Worked in other careers or in the Home and looking for a rewarding Career Change
- Is a PCW (PSW,HSW) currently working to have your credentials and skills recognized and want to be employed while working towards certification as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
- Do not hold a CCA certificate, but have been working in the role of a Personal Care Worker; Home Support Worker’; Long Term Care Assistant and other classifications
- Are a graduate from a related Health and Human Services program such as : Social and Community Support; Social Services; Community Residential Worker; Human Services Worker; and are interested in obtaining your certification as a Continuing Care Assistant.
We can offer you:
- Provide and invest in in-house education, employment opportunity, clinical mentorship, and assistance to collaborated with the PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment Recognition) Program at Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS) with support of DHW to support candidates to becoming Continuing Care Assistants – (Train and Work)
- Comprehensive Benefit package including Pension contributions (NSHEPP), Vacation, Holiday, Sick benefits (upon completion of 528-hrs. probation period. Health Benefits: Health, Dental, Travel, life and Corporate rate to Good life Fitness.
If this sounds like you:
You can express your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume outlining your desire to become a CCA online at firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Human Resource Coordinator, R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home, 64 Pleasant Street, Antigonish NS. B2G 1W7