Temporary (64 hrs. bi/weekly) .80 Full Time Position 12 month term (Maternity Leave subject to change)
The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home, fondly known as ‘The R.K’ is home to 136 residents as well as several cats and birds. Our 264 full-time, part-time and casual staff complete our family. The R.K is a rich and vibrant community that recognizes and appreciates the uniqueness of every person who lives and works here. This uniqueness of spirit and character drives the life plan for our residents.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for encouraging the growth through the delivery of services in keeping with the philosophy of R.K MacDonald Nursing Home and the established policies and procedures of R.K MacDonald Nursing Home. All services provided are in accordance with residents’ personal choice and preferences with the aim of achieving excellence in the care and well-being of those living in the R.K MacDonald community. In keeping with our Mission, Vision and Core Values and our philosophy of Resident Centered Care, the Director of Rehabilitation Services, as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents, represents the home in a positive, professional, efficient and confidential manner.
Minimum Formal Education:
Education preparation accepted by the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia for Registration with the Nova Scotia College of Occupational Therapists.
Certification / Registration / Designation:
· Eligible for registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia.
· Eligible for membership with the Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
Professional Qualification / Education / Experience
· Minimum of 3 years recent experience in a Long Term Care setting Level and/or Community
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy Entry Level, from an accredited University.
· Registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia.
· BCLS or CPR certification
· Current membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists with active participation in professional activities preferred
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to organize, develop and initiate ideas and programs.
· Commitment to working in an interdisciplinary approach.
· Demonstrate good communication skills, verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
· Good Attendance and Work Record.
· BCLS or CPR certification, CPI, WHMIS, Alzheimer and Related Dementia course
Special Knowledge and Skills
· Experience with the Red Cross Specialize Equipment Program an asset
· Experiences managing Responsive Behaviors or willingness to learn
Hours of Work: Non-union, regular full-time (.80 FTE/64 biweekly hrs) – 32 hours /week Monday – Friday.
Salary: As per experience
Benefits: Health & Dental and Pension Plan and Gym membership available at a Corp rate.
Start date: Immediately
Job description: Can be reviewed on our website www.rkmacdonald.ca
The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. In addition, proof of applicable education and registration is required as a condition of employment. Please submit cover letter and resume to :Human Resource Coordinator by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more information call (902) 863-2578 ext 292.
Posted on in Current Opportunities.