Please note: This is not a job listing, this is a job description. For current opportunities click here. This is a non-union position (Mgmt.).
POSITION: Front Entrance Support (Long Term Care Assistant)
Front Entrance Support (LTCA) provides assistance with screening and visitation prior to entry to the home, following entrance protocols set for emergency measures set in times of pandemic events (Current – Covid-19).
Qualifications and Skills
- Friendly personality and a genuine interest in helping others
- Understanding the Homes Core Values: maintains professionalism, confidentiality and respect
- Respectful of diverse cultural and social economic backgrounds of residents and their family members
- Excellent communication Skills, oral and written
- Conscientious, organized and attention to detail
- Ability to foster, demonstrate and maintain good public relations with Residents, families, visitors, and volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and other Members of the R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home team
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned work.
- Obtain Annual Education required via Surge Online Tool and onsite in-services: i.e. Protection of Persons in Care Act, PHIA, Handwashing, (Infection Control- PPE), WHMIS and knowledge of role with Fire Safety and Emergency Plan Procedures.
- Compliance with workplace safety and to Home’s Policies in specific Safety, Infection Control PPE, and Policies & Procedures i.e. Confidentiality and Dress Code and Telephone.
- Regular & consistent attendance is essential.
- High School Grade 12 Education