R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home
64 Pleasant Street, Antigonish, NS. B2G 1W7
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES
Permanent Full-time position
The Home is seeking a dynamic, compassionate person; committed to excellence and quality practice environments; with demonstrated team leading skills; and enthusiastic about a profession in Long Term Care to fill the role of Director of Clinical Services.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Clinical Services provides oversight of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Nursing Services to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to resident care. The Director of Clinical Services works closely with the Assistant Director of Clinical Services to ensure clinical services are coordinated, collaborative across professional disciplines and all departments. Reporting to the CEO responsibilities include the day to day management and integration of clinical services throughout the organization. In keeping with our Mission, Vision and Values and our philosophy of Person Centered Care, the Director of Clinical Services serves as a positive role model; as a partner in the provision of care and support of our Residents, and represents the home in a positive, professional, efficient and confidential manner.
The essential functional areas of responsibility include the delivery of quality, safe clinical services that respects and enhances the quality of life for every Resident and their family by ensuring adherence to applicable Standards of Practice, delivery of person centred care.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Physiotherapy, or Occupational Therapy required. Masters Degree is preferred with current registration with respective College of NS.
- 5 years management experience in nursing
- Experience in gerontology nursing an asset
- Previous demonstrated leadership experience required
- Demonstrated experience with Accreditation and Quality Initiatives
- Excellent Computer Skills [Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook]
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict Management / Resolution Training an asset [or willing to be trained]
Some Competencies specific to position
- Clinical practice knowledge
- Delivery models/designs knowledge
- Safe practice initiatives
- Quality improvement Initiatives
- Risk management theory & practice
- Sound understanding of Ethical practice
- Consistently acts as a role model for advocacy
- Sound understanding of Union Contracts & Negotiations
- Able to supervise staff including the ability to mentor, coach and empower staff
- A working knowledge of budgeting
- Able to work independently and as part of the Leadership Team
Hours of Work: Management/non-union regular full-time (1.0 FTE) – Typically 40 hrs per week Monday – Friday (hours may flex as necessary i.e. weekend and afterhours) and on call for Administration as assigned.
Salary: Competitive Salary commensurate with education and experience
Benefits: Health & Dental etc. and Pension Plan (Manulife/NSEHPP (HANS), Corp rate for Gym
Deadline December 2, 2021
Start date: Immediately
Apply by: Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resource Coordinator by email or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 64 Pleasant Street Antigonish NS B2G 1W7, for more information please contact HR at (902) 863-2578 ext. 292.
Job description: Can be viewed in its entirety on website @ www.rkmacdonald.ca
The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home provides patient centred care to 136 residents with approximately 290 care partners. The home is filled with people who care deeply about providing excellent resident care and who are committed to creating a safe work environment. If you are looking for an opportunity in a patient centred home than we are the place for you. As per the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings, Nova Scotia Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated by November 30th, 2021. The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. The R.K. MacDonald is an inclusive employer who supports diversity, equality, and reconciliation. Our goal is to be a workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We welcome people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, age, religion, and physical and mental abilities. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to Human Resources before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. In addition, proof of applicable education and or certification is required as a condition of employment.