Competition #:420-17-06-01-18 Job Title: Ward Clerk 1 Temp PT
Dept.: Nursing Start Date: Immediately
Posted Date: June 1, 2018 Close Date: June 8, 2018
Reg/Temp: Temporary PT Full/Part: Part-time (.70)
Tentative End date January 2019 (subject to change)
Applications accepted until 4:00 PM on the Closing Date
The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home is a Long Term Care Home to 137 Residents and employs 267 staff in various Departments.
The Ward Clerk is responsible for clerical and related duties for Nursing Care Areas in accordance with the Mission, Core Values, Vision, and Policies & Procedures of the R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home. This position requires some office and organizational skills and an ability to maintain confidentiality, sound judgement and professionalism when dealing with sensitive issues associated with the day-day operations. Please see job description on website www.rk.macdonald.ca
• Ability to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
• Good interpersonal and communication (oral, written telephone) skills.
• Ability to clearly write, speak and interact professionally.
• Ability to work with all levels of Management, Staff, Elders, and families.
• Competence to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to compose communications, i.e., letters, emails, memos for internal or external use.
• Experience with computers (MS Office suite) and use of internet and email.
• Ability to prioritize projects, work, and manage the unexpected.
• Organizational abilities to prioritize workload and to coordinate multiple task demands.
• Grade 12
• Medical Terminology Course
• Basic Computer Skills and experience with internet/email
Hours of Work
Part-time 56 hrs. Bi-weekly, Days, every 2nd Weekend, 8 hr. /4 hr. and 10 hr. /days.
(Additional hours may be needed to cover vac, / sick subject to availability)
Salary: $17.57 – $17.87 /hr (36,555-37,176 Annual)
Benefits/Pension Information: Comprehensive Benefits, Pension – (Can deferred for 3mos, if not previously in plan) Vacation, holiday (pro-rated), Sick benefits- (Upon Completion of a 528 hr. Probation Period), Health Benefits (LTD, Health, Dental, Travel, Life, etc)
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically, interviews are held within two weeks of closing date. This is a CAW/UNIFOR bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. The R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Additional Information: Apply using the Internal Application Forms available on website and external applications can send cover letter and resume to: Jacqueline Delorey -Human Resources Coordinator – 902-863-2578 Ext.292 Fax: 902-863-4437 or email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please see RK website for complete job ad. www.rkmacdonald.ca