Dr. Strang made some changes to LTC restrictions today during the press conference at 1:30pm. A full directive will be received by facilities early next week, however effective Monday, November 23, 2020 the new restrictions will be implemented. Please see an excerpt from the provincial communication we received today:
Based on the latest available scientific evidence and expert opinion about COVID-19, the following changes will be implemented effective November 23, 2020.
- Off site visits with family will be suspended province wide.
- On site gatherings in Central Zone will be reduced to up to 5 people (including residents and staff) will be permitted.
All other previous changes will continue:
- Indoor and outdoor visits will continue in LTC facilities.
- LTC facilities permitted to use buses to take up to 10 people for “sightseeing” drives.
- Designated caregivers will be able to continue to visit their loved ones and may also be Designated Drivers for the purpose of taking a resident out of the facility for a “sightseeing drive”, but no stops allowed. Masks must be worn by the DCP.
- Any off-site medical appointments will continue, as will sightseeing trips on buses.
- Zones outside of Central will continue to have on site gatherings for up to 10 people (including residents and staff)
Please note that additional guidelines and directives will be updated and released next week.
As the numbers rise in the province, our diligence is necessary to keep LTC residents safe and the facilities open to visitors. The Public Health measures are essential for all of us. The restrictions noted above are mandatory. Any residents taken off site and who leave the car, have people other than their DCP in the vehicle or if the DCP is not wearing a mask, will have their sightseeing drives suspended until such time that the DCP can develop a code of conduct with administration.
As we receive more information next week, we will share it with you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Michelle Thompson CEO