R.K. MacDonald Nursing Home
64 Pleasant Street, Antigonish, NS.
CCA Continuing Care Assistants
CASUAL EMPLOYMENT 2019-2020 We always have a need for casuals to replace shifts all year with our highest needs being holiday time and vacation time from (May – Sept).
We offer a great learning experience for students, as well as a great work environment for new and seasoned CCA’s. Our team offers mentor ship, orientation, education, and support aligning with the Core Values of the Home, CARES: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Safety in offering Person Centerd Care to our residents.
We have approximately 250 active staff and 138 residents working in a LTC family environment.
Who can fill the role of CCA?
CCAs (or other equals ie. PCW/PSW etc) with recognized certfication
Students enrolled in nursing programs such as: CCA/LPN/RN at a College/University ie. Stfx, Dalhousie, UNB, UPEI, or CCB, NSCC/Future Worx etc.
- PCW/PSW workers prior to 2006 (are grandfathered under the license to practice in NS)
- PCW/PSW workers after 2016 (must to be hired conditionally and PLAR up to CCA Certificate within a set time frame while still working)
- Nursing Students currently enrolled in a University Nursing Program (2nd yr and up) who have completed 2 clinical rotations (or equal job experience as CCA)
- Opportunities for LPN’s ( who have completed 1 full year of a 2 yearr program)
* Required Information for Interview/ Successful hire:
- Current Resume (interview set up)
- Certificate (CCA) or copy of transcript or letter verifying enrollment in a Nursing Program at a recognized College/University and following exams a transcript stating you have successful completed your current yr and still enroll in the Nursing Program (interview)
- CCA/PCW/PSW etc Copies of certification as well as other courses received (interview)
- Successful hire depends on: 2 Letters of References – (From Instructors (clinical instructors or from previous work experience i.e. Hospital or nursing home etc.) Ref form to be provided once interview is set up by HR.
- Successful hire depends on: Clear Police Check (Vulnerable Security Check) dated within the last 6 months (request letter for such to be given by from HR at R.K).
- Hiring Process requires: a Void Cheque (or information sheet from Bank containing Bank Code, Transit # and Account #) for payroll purposes, sin# and Health Card #
- Post Hire, Your start date and availability monthly thereafter communicated to the scheduler for scheduling purposes
***All interested applicants can email their resume to the Human Resource Department at the R.K. MacDonald email@example.com or drop off a copy with the Administrative Assistant in the Main Lobby of the Nursing Home. Following a review of your resume HR will contact you to set up an interview via phone or email.